Malaysia World Population Day 2012 Photo Contest
In-conjunction with 2012 Worldwide World Population Day, National Population and Family Development Board under Ministry of Women, Family and Community Development had appointed Multimedia University – Faculty of Creative Multimedia to be as their main organizer for the Photography Seminar and Photography Contest as main event during World Population Day.
National Population and Family Development Board, which is an organization dedicated to the cause of the national population and family development, is in the planning stages of its annual World Population Day photography contest. This event is organized to expose and educate the general society of issues pertaining world population at large and in the country as well.
The Faculty of Creative Multimedia, Multimedia University has been invited to host and organized the World Population Photography Contest 2012, which includes an introduction, or ‘Kick Off’ of the photo contest, a series of photography seminars and the award giving ceremony. The Photo Contest is seen as an important event to raise awareness through visuals capturing and archiving them as well as exhibitions of the images.
Tag Line “Population Through the Lens”
Photo Contest Theme/Category :
1. Population, Family and Environment
Objective : to show how population, family relates to environment.
The issues include global warming and pollution.
2. Population and Reproductive Health
Objective : To educate women, men and adolescents on reproductive health as reproductive health form a basis for having healthy children, intimate relationships and happy families and their rights to access to reproductive health information and services.
3. The World at 7th Billion
Objective : To show how everyone in this world of 7th billion population has an opportunity and a responsibility to make a world a better place for all of us. Stories of individuals making a difference in their communities – and globally, to understand what is happening around you, and to put yourself in perspective to the rest of the world.
4. Ageing Population (Old is Gold)
Objective : To show how population ageing possess a host of challenges such as long term care and increased financial burden.
5. Future Generation (Tomorrow’s Leader)
Objective : To show how healthy future generations portrait the future of our nation
Contest Duration : 18th July – 31st September
Closing : 31st September 2012
How to participate
1. You may submit in ALL category but limit to; maximum of 3 photos entries for each category only.
2. All entries submitted must be in recent photograph (at least within 2 years) and captured in Malaysia only.
3. All entries submitted must be at Super 8R size (8” x 12”) and printed. All entries submitted must be with digital format (softcopy) in JPEG or Tiff format file at 8”x12”size, RGB colour mode and 300 resolutions pixels/inch TOGETHER with the ORIGINAL PHOTO (proof of entry) burned in CD/DVD or PenDrive.
4. File name and folder name of your entries must be clearly labeled as example; 001_IC.no_category.jpg Submitted entries must be labeled clearly behind each of the entries with title, date, year, location and name.
5. All cost incurred during this participation shall be borne by participant i.e. cost for processing, printing, developing, delivery etc.
6. All submissions must be completed together with a‘Material Release Form’ as attached below.
7. This form is also available on our website at :
http://www.facebook.com/MalaysiaWorl…12PhotoContest or http://www.mmu.edu.my or http://www.lppkn.gov.org.my
Rules & Regulations
1. This contest is open to all except for the employees and family members of Secretariat, Malaysia Population Day 2012 Photo Contest.
2. Participants may submit as many entries as they wish.
3. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt.
4. All submission are non-returnable and photographers still remain the sole property and copyrights of submitted photo works.Each entrant grants a non-exclusive rights to organizer, Ministry-LPPKN-Lembaga Penduduk dan Pembangunan Keluarga Negara reserve all a non-exclusive rights to reproduce, publicize or to exhibit the submissions in any form of media or medium whether locally or internationally without any prior notification or payment made to participants.
5. Image submitted must not be published in any media or medium prior to this.
6. All entries must be of participants’ original works. Usage of third party/parties creative works are prohibited, in which the entry will be automatically disqualified.
7. With the entry submission, the participants hereby agree to indemnify LPPKN-Lembaga Penduduk dan Pembangunan Keluarga Negara and the organisers from any and all legal claims or otherwise
8. Entries will be judged on the following criteria: subject matter, composition, creativity and technique.
9. Minor photo touch-up is allowed i.e. adjustment of brightness of colour, softening or sharpening of the image and croping.
10. The following technique will not be accepted: digital super imposition, composite photographs, photo montage, trick photographs, digital imaging and image.
11. All entries must be submitted (by postage or by hand) before and by 31st September 2012 to:
Secretariat, Population Day 2012 Photo Contest, No. 12B, Bangunan LPPKN-Lembaga Penduduk dan Pembangunan Keluarga Negara, Jalan Raja Laut, 50712 Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA.
Secretariat, Population Day 2012 Photo Contest, Faculty of Creative Multimedia, Multimedia University, 63100 Cyberjaya, Selangor. MALAYSIA.
15. The organizers reserved the right to disqualify any entries which do not follow or abide to the terms and conditions of the above.
16. Judges decision is final and any form of correspondences shall not be entertained.
17. Winner shall be notified at a later date.
Material Release Form
In conjunction with my participation in the Malaysia Population Day 2012 Photo Contest, I hereby declare the followings:
1. That I am the lawful author/copyright owner/authorized party of this image/works submitted.
2. That I give Lembaga Penduduk dan Pembangunan Keluarga Negara LPPKN and the organizers the absolute rights and permission to use or reuse, to publish or republish and to produce the image/works that I have submitted for the above mentioned event/competition for their own use.
3. That I have sought relevant permission, and authority for the models/persons/individuals involved and venue and image of props used in my submitted works. I hereby declare that I indemnify Lembaga Penduduk dan Pembangunan Keluarga Negara LPPKNand the organisers any of all liability claims or legal claims as a result of my submission.
4. That I have met with all the rules and regulations stated for this contest.
1. Grand Prize – CANON EOS5DMKIII
2. 1st Prize Winner Each Category : Canon PowerShot S100 + Certificate
3. 2nd Prize Winner Each Category : Canon Digital Ixus 125HS + Certificate
4. 3rd Prize Winner Each Category : Canon PowerShot SX150IS + Certificate
Download Forms at
MALAYSIA POPULATION DAY PHOTOCONTEST 2012 ENTRY DEADLINE – EXTENDED TILL 30TH NOVEMBER 2012. Now, all participants got opportunity to join this photo-contest and SUBMIT via Online athttp://population2012.malaysiaphotoa…/photocontest/