Kuala Lumpur Photography Festival 2013 appreciates the beauty of our earth
Mid Valley Exhibition Centre (Halls 1,2,3)
11am-9pm 11-13 October 2013
- The biggest gathering of imaging and travel industry players with more than 150 booths from local and international exhibitors.
- The comprehensive line up who’s who in the photo & imaging industry.
- Free Independent Travel Exchange (FITE) another highlight of KLPF.
- Spectacular showcase by tourism organisations to promote travels.
- Highly interactive programs that is entertaining and engaging.
- A must-visit event for photography enthusiasts, amateurs, professionals, retailers and all.
Kuala Lumpur Photography Festival (KLPF) 2013 – The hottest biggest photo-imaging show and travel event in Malaysia and Southeast Asia is set to take place at the Mid Valley Exhibition Centre from 11th to 13th of October.
Running for the 17th year, the KLPF takes on the subject “Heaven on Earth”as the theme for the annual photography exhibition with the aim of encouraging people to love and appreciate the beauty that our mother earth has created for us. With this, the KLPF hopes to inspire people to increase their effort to sustain the beauty of the earth and not allow it to fade away.
KLPF – the biggest, hottest imaging event of the year – will stand by its tagline and brings the key players in the imaging industry to exhibit their latest innovation and technology in the photo & imaging equipment/accessories. Besides that, there will be product demonstrations by some of the biggest names in the photographic industry, the awe-inspiring photo exhibitions, the engaging presentations by photographers & travellers, interactive programs & contests, and more.
Free Independent Travel Exchange (FITE) 2013, held in conjunction with the KLPF, is another highlight of the Kuala Lumpur Photography Festival. Packed with interactive programs, the FITE is the platform for travel industry operators/organizations to engage with travellers. The FITE is filled with interesting and inspiring programs like Travelmania (travel talk and slideshow), travel photography exhibitions, travel forum and experience sharing.
The theme for FITE 2013 is “Above the clouds…..the Himalayas” which includes a travel photography exhibition and interaction with expert guides from Nepal. The exhibition will showcase photographs from the regions that share the mystiques of the Himalayas – among them are Nepal, Darjeeling, Kashmir, Sikkim, Bhutan, Tibet, etc.
FITE inspires travel with a difference, travel that spells of discovery and experience.
Among the program highlights in KLPF and FITE are
- Photomania seminars – Follow the engaging presentations by international photographers like Jerry Aurum (Indonesia), Jamason Chen (USA), Wieslaw Zaremba (Poland), LiYong (China), and more. Whereas our home-grown list includes Imran Ahmad, Shuhada Hasim, Firdaus Herrow, Hakimi Halim, Gary Ng, Sawlihim Bakar, Low Chin Han, etc.
- Travelmania seminars – Hop on to the virtual travel with our seasoned travellers like Bhim (the expert guide from Nepal), Celia (Hong Kong), Jacky Hong (the cyclist traveller), Rachel Koay (the accidental adventurer), I.K. Lee (ABC Trekker) and more.
- Photography Forums – engage in lively discussions over photography issues. Bahasa Melayu & Chinese sessions.
- Photo Review – submit your images to be reviewed by professional photographers. English & Chinese sessions.
- Photography Workshop – by Taiwanese professional photographer Lin Sheng. English & Chinese sessions.
- Photography Contests – FUJIFILM Ocean Queen Model Shoot Out Contest , FUJIFILM “Say it with Instax” Children’s Contest , KLPF Photo Hunt , Tourism Selangor “Dances in the Winds of Nature” Photo Contest.
- HIPA Exhibition – Winning images of the Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum International Photography Award.
- Heaven on Earth – KLPF theme photography exhibition.
- Travel Square Exchange – Above the clouds – the Himalayas photography exhibition , Himalayas book launch , Tips by travel guides from Nepal.
- Japanese Floral Art – Floral Art Photography exhibition.
- 1st Golden Wau Awards 2013 Film Seminar – Presented by Chinese Film Association of Malaysia (CFAM) to introduce and promote local movies to the public. Discover the experience of the who’s who in Malaysian Chinese film fraternity like Matt Lai, Jason Kok, Simpson Yuan, SJ Tan, Jess Teong, Ho Yu Hang, Boon Tan & Ah Niu, etc.
- Purchase & Win – purchase at KLPF/FITE and stand a chance to win the grand prize Fujifilm X-Pro1 camera (body)and other prizes.
It’s an experience of harmony on earth !!!
About 20 clubs/societies are invited to this festival to share the photography work of their members, including NGOs with meaningful causes like Malaysian Nature Society, MAKNA, National Kidney Foundation and so on.
The KLPF & FITE is the most comprehensive event that sees the biggest gathering of photographers and travellers.
The KLPF & FITE is open to the public and admission is free.
Information and updates are available at Facebook KLPFMalaysia or http://www.klpf.com.my
For enquiries, please email to email@example.com or call +603-9281 8039.