All competitors in all categories of this year’s HIPA award must adhere to the following set of guidelines:
- Submissions open for entry on the 1st of September 2012, and close midnight the 31st of December 2012. All times and dates are based on UAE times and dates, and no entries will be accepted after the closing deadline.
- The competition is restricted to entrants aged 18 years and over.
- Submissions will be accepted exclusively through the “Participate” page on the HIPA.ae website.
- Competitors must also upload an official form of identification (i.e. valid passport copy) upon submission of entries.
- Competitors must provide HIPA with appropriate titles to their submitted photograph(s).
- Competitors are permitted a maximum of 4 entries into this year’s HIPA award, 1 for each category available.
- Upon submitting an entry and accepting the terms of competition, a competitor is therefore legally and morally bound by the photograph and its content. Submissions must abide by all forms of copyright and intellectual property rights, any infringements will be the competitor’s responsibly and not HIPA’s.
- Competitors must follow basic ethical and legal standpoints in their submissions and not violate or offend issues such as human rights or environmental protection.
- All submissions must be untagged and free of any form of signature, initial or logo that the photographer may have added.
- All rights associated to the photographs submitted in all categories of the award shall be protected by the management of HIPA. The HIPA management though takes no responsibility for any technical errors or unforeseen mistakes that may cause damage or late entry of submitted photographs.
- Submissions which have won previous award(s), or have been used for commercial purposes will not be accepted into any category of the award. The submitter is therefore liable to any legal costs and/or charges incurred upon false submission.
- Photographs submitted must be of high quality and be suitable for publication. They must also be in JPEG format and be no less than 2 MB in size.
- All participants with submissions are obliged to download the “Acknowledgment of ownership and discharge of the award from any intellectual properties” folder, sign it and then upload all pages to the HIPA.ae website to be eligible for judgment in this year’s award.
- It is HIPA’s legal right to use the winning photographs for promotional purposes. Any promotional work would be done through print, publishing and other forms of written or visual media.
- HIPA’s judging panel hold the authority to turn down or reject any submission without having to give notice or explanation to the submitter of the photograph.
- Any submission not adhering to the above rules and guidelines will be deemed ineligible for competition.
More info at HIPA