TERMS & CONDITIONS
Eligibility – Entrant
- The Contest is open to anyone aged eighteen (18) years and above, except for employees of the ASEAN Secretariat, Global Environment Centre, ASEAN Peatland Forest Project (APFP), SEApeat Project, the Judges, Contest partners and their immediate family members.
- Entrants must complete the online registration form, provide the correct information and agree to these Rules & Regulations to qualify for the prizes.
- Decisions on eligibility will be at the Organiser’s sole discretion.
- Entrants are solely responsible for complying with all provincial, national and international laws in regards to this contest, including but not limited to obtaining permission to enter National Parks/Forest Reserves and restricted locations, and obtaining relevant permits and licences.
Eligibility – Photographs
- Only original photographs of peatlands in Southeast Asia will be considered for this competition. The sub-themes are:i. Biodiversity:Encompasses wildlife, scenery, habitat and intrinsic values that the peatlands hold. Photographs can be from a positive, neutral or negative angle.e.g. Degraded peatland habitat, pristine peatland habitat, common or endangered species of animals and plants found in peatlands, sunset view at the peatlands etc.
ii. Livelihood: Encompasses the general interaction between communities living in peatland areas with their environment, daily activities of people living in peatlands important . Photographs can be from a positive, neutral or negative angle.
e.g. Unsustainable development on peatlands, people farming on peatlands, products harvested from peatlands sold at the local market etc.
- The photographs uploaded for submission must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere nor have won, or are currently entered in any other contest. The Entrants must warrant that they own the copyright to all the photographs submitted.
- Entrants may upload up to 5 photographs for submission to the Contest. The 5 photographs can be changed at any time before the closing deadline.
- Photographs submitted must ideally be between 300kb to 3Mb in size.
- The Organiser may request for high-resolution photographs after the Contest period.
- Upon submission, the Entrants grant the Organiser (Global Environment Centre) and its partners a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to use any of the photographs in any publications, website and other awareness materials. Photographers will be credited together with the organisation.
- The Organiser reserves the right to reject photographs deemed offensive, pornographic, indecent, discriminatory or defamatory in nature.
- The opening date for submission is 1st July 2012.
- The closing date for submission is 30th September 2012.
Winners & Prizes
- The Organiser shall at its sole and absolute decision shortlist the winners based on the following criteria: visually appealing, subject matter, creativity and originality. The winners will be judged on creativity and merit by a panel of Judges.
- Winners’ names will be notified via email or telephone. Results will also be posted on the Contest website by 1st December 2012.
- All non-cash prizes are non-transferable and cannot be converted into cash. Prizes will be deemed forfeited if not collected by 31st December 2012.
- The Organiser reserves the right to publish or display the winning photograph, name and city/country of residence of the winners of the Contest for advertising and publicity purposes.
- Each Entrant may only win one prize with the exception of the Popular Vote prizes.
- All non-cash prizes are sponsored by Canon Marketing (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd and Canon Opto (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd.
- All cash prizes are provided by International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and Global Environment Facility (GEF) through APFP project, and the European Union (EU) through SEApeat project.
- The Top 50 chosen photographs selected by the Organiser will be posted on the Contest website for the public to vote for their favourite.
- Any of the Top 50 photographs shortlisted can win the Popular Vote prizes including photographs that have won the main prizes.
- Online voting for the Popular Vote segment ends on 30th November 2012.
- The Organiser reserves the right to amend, delete or add any Rules and Regulations from time to time without prior notice.
- Winners and entrants agree to indemnify the Organiser, Contest partners and others associated with the development and execution of this Contest from any and all legal claims, actions, proceedings, and liability arising from and in connection with the Contest. This Contest is void where prohibited.
- The Organiser’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.